It's October, that means Halloween and that means spooky stories! Last year's stories were great. This year I've extended the competition to a few more schools in the area where I live, not just the ones I teach in, so be looking out for a bumper read towards the end of the month!
If you are looking for help on how to write a story, you can check out this blog post here.
And if you are wondering why I'm so into scary stories, you can check out my writing here.
Here are the rules:
- Only students who attend the participating schools may take part.
- No story should exceed (be longer than) 300 words.
- All stories must be on A4 paper with students name, class level and school at the top.
- All stories must be hand written and not corrected by another person.
- All stories must be original and the student's own work.
- No more than one story per student, so choose your best one!
- Do not include violence and blood for the sake of it. I want to be scared not made to feel sick!
- The judge's decision is final.
- All winning stories will be published on this blog towards the end of the month.
- Closing date 20th October 2017. (Hand in your stories to your teacher who will pass them on to me.)
- Artwork welcome!